What Are Recordable Books?
Recordable storybooks are special books that hold an audio recording of their story. Most people have heard of them, but few are aware of how these books work or how they can be used.
We will touch on what is unique about recordable storybooks, how they can be used, and what benefits they hold for children and adults alike.
A recordable storybook is much like any other storybook. A charming and endearing story is told among the pages of the storybook. Classic tales like "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep" and "All The Places I Love You" are heartwarming and exciting stories for children of all ages. Alongside the written story, recordable storybooks also feature beautiful, detailed illustrations. The detailed pictures capture the attention of children and bring the story to life right before their eyes.
The main difference between a recordable storybook and a normal book is that a recordable storybook also features an audio recording. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles or anyone else can record themselves reading the story aloud. This audio recording is then saved and replayed as children flip through the pages of the book. This unique feature makes reading a classic children's story fun, engaging, and creates personalized experience.
How Do Recordable Books Work?
Although a recordable storybook is a great gift idea for young children, many people are dissuaded from buying them because they believe they are hard to use. In reality, this product is incredibly simple. Many people find that recording the book is easy and much more fun than they expected.
Steps On How To Record A Reading:
- Reduce any background noises in the room that you are reading. This includes turning off televisions, radios, fans or other devices that can create a great deal of background noise.
- Lay the book on a flat surface about 12 to 18 inches away from you. This will make sure that your voice is perfectly clear and loud in the recording.
- Turn to the first page of the text and press the "REC" (record) button. You will hear a voice prompting you to begin reading after the tone (like an answering machine). After the tone, read the page aloud while making sure to clearly pronounce your words.
- At the end of the page, hit the "STOP" button and wait to hear the playback. If you like what you hear, you can hit the "LOCK" button and continue to the next page. If you find that there are any issues with the recording, you can easily re-record the page.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the remaining pages in the text. When you have completed the recording, hit the "LOCK" button again to save it in its entirety.
How Reading Works
After a recording has been saved, there is little work that needs to be done to read the story. A person simply needs to flip through the storybook to hear the recording. As they turn each page, they will hear the specific recording saved for that page - the recording will not progress past the open page. Many people find that this is a wonderful feature because it gives children the opportunity to read along at their own pace. Not only does this product help connect loved ones, but it helps children improve their reading skills.
Preserve Memories Forever With Hallmark Timmins
Hallmark recordable storybooks are great ways to connect with those living far away. Grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins can pick out a recordable book, read the story, and send it to a little one who lives far away. Parents who tend to travel will also love giving these books to their children so they can hear their voice while they’re apart.
Not only do these books tend to connect those who are apart, but they also quickly become cherished possessions. Many family members love hearing the saved recordings of the voices of their loved ones whenever they wish to hear them.
Shop Recordable Storybooks Today
Are you looking for the perfect gift for your little one? You can find a wide selection of recordable storybooks online and in-store at Hallmark Timmins. Search available books online to find the perfect story for your little one.